Each year, 25 to 30 million real Christmas trees are sold in the United States. While millions of Americans enjoy the natural beauty of a real tree, not many of those families know what to do with their trees after the holiday season has come and gone.
The good news is that Christmas trees are recyclable, and there are plenty of ways you can dispose of your tree in a responsible fashion. Holiday trees are biodegradable and can be repurposed a variety of ways. Before recycling your tree please be sure to remove the following:
The following options for Christmas tree recycling are available in the Sioux Falls area:
- Curbside Pick-Up – Scott Bolte Sanitation will pick up your seasonal waste items including Christmas trees and wreaths
- Drop Off – Christmas trees must be taken to:
Sioux Falls Regional Sanitary Landfill
26750 464th Ave.
Hartford, SD 57033
Hours: Mon-Sat: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Yard Waste – You can cut up your tree so it fits loosely in your yard waste container
- Non-Profit Pick-Up – Some organizations such as the Boy Scouts will pick up your tree for a small donation (typically $5)
Christmas trees can also be used for:
- Tree Recycling/Mulching Programs
- Soil Erosion Barriers
- Fish Feeders
- Bird Feeders
- Paths for Hiking Trails
- And Much More
Happy Holidays from Scott Bolte Sanitation
Scott Bolte Sanitation would like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of our customers the happiest of holidays. We are proud to now be servicing the Harrisburg, South Dakota area, and would like to remind you that we will not pick up in observance of Christmas Day (Dec. 26th) and New Year’s Day (Jan. 2nd). For more information about our seasonal waste pickup, give us a call at 605-647-5371.